Sunday, November 15th to Saturday, November 21st, 2020
Sleep Cheap Charities Reap, a long standing community tradition, has raised over $2,150,082 for local charities since its inception in 2004. And though it may look a little different this year, Sleep Cheap will take place in 2020. Many charities are facing challenges to meet their fundraising targets this year due to cancelled initiatives and events, set against increases in demand for their services. Our goal is to assist as may charities as possible through offering Niagara Region residents the option of a short staycation in hotels with measures in place to accommodate a safe stay.
Here are some things you should know:
- For the first time in its history, Sleep Cheap will run a for full week, from Sunday November 15th up to and including Saturday November 21st.
- Participating hotels have instituted protocols and procedures to safely accommodate Niagara Region residents during Sleep Cheap. Please contact the hotels for more details.
- Rooms with access to waterparks will not be available for Sleep Cheap 2020 year due to Provincial restrictions in place.
- Participants will be able to book 2 night stays this year.
- As always, Sleep Cheap is open to Niagara Region residents only during the event
- Minimum donations for rooms:
- Will remain the same as last year for Sunday through Thursday nights: $35 per night for a standard room, $45 for a Fallsview room, and $65 for a whirlpool room.
- Room rates on Friday and Saturday nights will be $45 per night for a standard room, $55 for a Fallsview room, and $75 for a whirlpool room
- The Municipal Accommodation Tax of $2.00 per room will apply.
- The WonderFalls Pass, offering access to local attractions, will not be offered this year.
- Participants should contact local hotels directly to confirm available amenities
To book rooms, contact the Hotels directly. Promotional Rooms will be restricted to Niagara Region Residents only 21 years of age and older with a current valid credit card. 24 hour cancellation policy for room bookings. Participants will be charged the full Sleep Cheap rate for the room if they choose to cancel 24 hours or more after the time they make the reservation.
PLEASE NOTE: There is a 24 hour cancellation policy for room bookings. Participants will be charged the full Sleep Cheap rate for the room if they choose to cancel 24 hours or more after the time they make the reservation.
2020 Sleep Cheap Hotels
Participants are to contact hotels directly to confirm available amenities and COVID-19 protocols.
Embassy Suites Hotel Fallsview
Four Points Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview
Hilton Niagara Falls/ Fallsview Hotel & Suites
Marriott Fallsview & Spa
Marriott on the Falls
Oakes Hotel Overlooking the Falls
Old Stone Inn Boutique Hotel
Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview
Ramada by Wyndham Niagara Falls Fallsview
Ramada Near the Falls
Sheraton on the Falls
Travelodge by Wyndham Niagara Falls Fallsview
2020 Sleep Cheap Attraction
Greg Frewin - for shows November 16, 19 or 20, 2020
Join us at the Greg Frewin Theatre and "Sit" Cheap while you enjoy, live on stage, the International Grand Champion of Magic - Greg Frewin and WILD MAGIC!! You will see grand illusions that will make you say "how did he do that".
Call our Box Office at 905-356-0777 and mention the "Sit" or Sleep Cheap offer or visit online at Greg Frewin Theatre and use Promo Code: Sleepcheap1 - 20% discount for any weekday show only
Charitable Donations Application Process Now Open
The Sleep Cheap Charities Reap Committee is seeking application from local charities and incorporated not-for-profits serving residents of the City of Niagara Falls that are interested in receiving a donation from funds generated by the annual, "Sleep Cheap Charities Reap", initiative. Eligibility requirements and application forms are available below. As in the past, all funds raised through the Sleep Cheap event go to charity.
The application deadline is Friday, November 20, 2020 at 12 noon.
Stay in the loop
Enter your information and we'll keep you updated on everything Sleep Cheap!
Sleep Cheap Logo designed by Dick Derhodge